Analyzing the Healthcare Industry in United States 2018 - Research and MarketsDUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE Research and Markets has announced the addition of the Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Healthcare Industry in United States 2017" report to their offering.
This report on the Healthcare Industry in United States 2017 looks at the overall industry, starting with the basic market analysis, and leading on to analyzing the major issues facing the industry today. The report contains two Michael Porter's Five Forces Analysis, and an industry analysis through the PEST framework. A look at the major players, growth drivers, the issue of GPOs in the healthcare industry, outsourcing trends, role of IT in the industry, and a lot more factors are looked at in this report.
Health care in the United States is provided by many separate legal entities. Current estimates put US healthcare spending at approximately 15% of GDP, which is the highest in the world. The United States spends the highest percentage of health care costs on pharmaceuticals in the world. In the United States, around 85% of citizens have health insurance, either through their employer or purchased individually.
The federal government does not guarantee universal health care to all its citizens, but certain publicly-funded health care programs help to provide for some of the elderly, disabled, and the poor and federal law ensures public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Those without health insurance coverage are expected to pay privately for medical services. Health insurance is expensive and medical bills are overwhelmingly the most common reason for personal bankruptcy in the United States.
Key Topics Covered:
- A. Executive Summary
- B. Analyzing the Industry
- C. Growth Drivers
- D. Barriers to Industry Growth
- E. Looking at the Healthcare Workforce
- F. Group Purchasing Organizations & the Healthcare Industry
- G. Michael Porter's Analysis of GPOs in the Healthcare Industry
- H. Michael Porter's Analysis of the US Healthcare Industry
- I. Health Care Industry Evolution and the Role of Information Technology
- J. Outsourcing Trends in the Healthcare Industry
- K. Budget Crises and the Impact on the Healthcare Industry
- L. Analyzing Industry Growth
- M. Looking at Competition
- N. US Healthcare Industry: PEST Framework
- O. Waste & Emissions Profile of the US Healthcare Industry
- P. Analysis of Leading Market Players
- Q. Directions for Industry Players
- R. Industry Outlook
- S. Appendix
- T. Glossary of Terms
- - 3M Company
- - AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- - Bayer AG
- - Cardinal Health
- - Community Health Systems, Inc.
- - HCA Holdings, Inc.
- - Kimberly Clark Corporation
- - McKesson Corporation
- - Medline Industries, Inc.
- - Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- - Universal Health Services, Inc.